Fresh Herb Recipes
Bow-Tie Pasta with Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh OREGANO
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 cup blanched green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Combine bell pepper, broth, oregano, salt, and pepper in 2 quart saucepan. Cover. Cook over medium low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is tender. Stir in tomato paste, vinegar, and honey; remove from heat. Puree mixture in a blender or food processor. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain. Mix together pasta, red pepper sauce, peas, and parsley.
Wings with Mint Leaves and Honey
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh MINT leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup honey
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken in two 9x13 inch baking dishes. Blend garlic and mint leaves and spread mixture under skin of chicken pieces,
In a small saucepan, heat butter, lemon juice and honey over medium low heat; mix well. Brush warmed mixture all over chicken skin. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and cooked through (juices run clear). Brush again with honey mixture, and serve.
Marinated Grilled Halibut
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh MARJORAM
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) steaks halibut
- 4 sprigs fresh MARJORAM, for garnish
Mix together grapefruit juice, olive oil, 2 teaspoons marjoram, salt, and pepper, in a shallow glass dish. Add fish, turn once to coat both sides, then cover dish. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning once or twice.
Preheat barbecue or gas grill.
Reserve marinade, and place fish in lightly oiled wire basket. Place fish 4 to 6 inches above hot coals. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and brushing twice with reserved marinade, until steaks are barely opaque in thickest part. Arrange on a platter, scatter grapefruit sections around steaks, and garnish with sprigs of marjoram.
Dill Potato Salad
- 7 cups chopped new potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh DILL
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and chill.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine sour cream, dill, parsley, Dijon, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over potatoes and toss gently. Chill before serving.