Fresh Herb Recipes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Almonds
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh THYME leaves, plus
- 6 sprigs fresh THYME for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced California Almonds
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the sliced almonds and toss. Arrange potato slices into a single layer on a heavyweight rimmed baking sheet or in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place on the top rack of the oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes. Stir together sweet potatoes and roasted almonds in a serving bowl and garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve warm.
Tarragon Chicken Salad
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh TARRAGON
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup diced red onion
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
Arrange the chicken in the baking dish, cover, and bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and shred.
In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken, celery, tarragon, parsley, mayonnaise, raisins, and onion. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until chilled, before serving.
Linguine with Sage and Chicken
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- 20 fresh SAGE leaves
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, bread crumbs and sage. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet, and place in a bowl. Set the heat to medium-high. Add the chicken to the skillet; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and reduce the heat to medium.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Drain. Add the pasta to the skillet, and stir to distribute chicken. Transfer to a serving dish, and toss with the garlic and breadcrumbs. Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Rosemary Zucchini Sticks
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ROSEMARY
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Cut each zucchini in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into quarters. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and rosemary. In another bowl, beat egg and water. Dip zucchini in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Coat again in egg and crumbs. Arrange on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until tender and golden, turning once.